IBPS Clerk 2021 - What Should You Know? A Guide to the Complete Selection Process.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) invites online applications to recruit eligible candidates for various public sector banks in India through IBPS Clerk Exam.
The selection of the candidates is conducted in two stages which are Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. More than lakhs of candidates apply for this reputed exam annually but only a few aspirants could ace it. IBPS Clerk Exam is one of the most competitive and toughest examinations in India.
There are several factors that the candidates must be familiar with during their exam preparation. They need to have a general idea about the complete selection process of the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam.
The complete selection process includes Application Process, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Results, Exam Patterns, and so on. We have come up with this article to guide the readers who are aspiring for the upcoming IBPS Clerk with helpful information.
IBPS Clerk 2021- Complete Selection Process
The aspirants applying for the exam should have complete information about the recruitment exam. With this in mind, we have shared below the complete guide of the IBPS Clerk Recruitment process 2021 in the following points.
● Firstly, the Eligibility Criteria plays an important role in the recruitment process. Candidates are required to fulfill eligibility criteria while submitting the application process. They need to consider and verify several aspects to be eligible for the recruitment exam. The aspirants need to be a citizen of India and their age limit must be between 20 years to 28 years. They need to possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
● Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are required to register online and then submit the IBPS Clerk Application Form. Along with that, they need to make the online payment of the application fees on or before the last date. The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 850 and the application fee is Rs 175 for the/SC/ST/PWD category.
● The applicants who have successfully submitted the application form will only be eligible to access the admit card from the official website. They can download the admit card a few days before the exam date. Candidates can access the hall ticket by entering the correct login details like Registration Number and Date of Birth.
● After downloading the admit card, the applicants need to appear for the first stage of the exam which is the Preliminary Exam. The Prelims exam is the objective multiple choice type test that contains 100 questions carrying a total of 100 marks. There question paper covers three sections like the English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the first stage of the exam.
● The candidate who cleared the cut-off of the prelims exam will have to appear for the next and final stage which is the Mains exam. The Mains exam is the objective multiple choice type test that contains 190 questions carrying a total of 200 marks. Their question paper covers four sections which are General English, General/Financial Awareness, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, and Quantitative Aptitude. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the first stage of the exam.
● After the completion of the Mains exam, the candidates need to secure a minimum score in the mains exam for the further selection process. The score obtained by the candidates in the mains exam will be considered in the preparation of the final merit list.
Here in this article, we have curated a comprehensive list of the important information that will be beneficial for the candidates during the preparation of the IBPS Clerk 2021. IBPS Clerk is one of the toughest government exams and a large number of students apply annually to secure the dream job offering various allowances/perks along with an attractive salary package. Therefore, it is important for the candidates to leave no stone unturned while preparing for the exam. We hope that the reader has got useful information about the exam through this article!